Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review: Dante's Girl

Author: Courtney Cole
Release Date: 6/21/12
Genre: YA Chick Lit
Received from: Lakehouse Press via NetGalley
Summary from B&N.com: 
I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.
And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:
1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.
Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?
But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.
My heart just might be crazy. 


My Review : 


 Dante's Girl is a fun and quick read. The storyline is captivating. The character were very enjoyable to read about.


 Reece is on a plane to go to London to spend the summer with her dad, when she literally bumps into Dante on the plane. He ends up sitting next to her and talking. Then another plane crashes because of volcanic explosion and the airport is shut down. Dante happens to be the son of a Prime Minister of a Mediterranean Country.  Dante's security guards come and get him and he takes Reece with him on a helicopter to his home country, Caberra. This will change Reece's summer and maybe even her life.


 Reece was a fun point of view to read from. Her personality is a mix of outgoing and a bit shyness. She was a super fun character to read about in the setting and advents that happen in the book.  Dante was just as fun to read about. Sadly this book was just in Reece's point of view. I loved Reece's point of view but I really would have loved to read from Dante's point of view also. Dante is the perfect romantic boy for the book.


 The storyline was fun and enjoyable, but it was a bit slow in the beginning. In about the middle of the book the storyline did speed up. The storyline is very hooking, even during the slow parts. This book transported me into the book and to the island Courtney Cole beautifully created. This is a very good book to read during this season, because it puts you into this beautiful summer island setting. 

 I really liked this book. I loved the characters, and enjoyed the storyline. I loved how it made me feel like I was there in the book. I can't wait to read the rest of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!