Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Midway Chatter: Like Moonlight At Low Tide by Nicole Quigley

 
To learn all about Midway Chatter go "Here".



Genre: YA Realistic Fiction
 Release Date: 9/25/2012
Received from: DJC Communications
Summary from B&N.com:
When high school junior Melissa Keiser returns to her hometown of Anna Maria Island, Florida, she has one goal: hide from the bullies who had convinced her she was the ugliest girl in school. But when she is caught sneaking into a neighbor's pool at night, everything changes. Something is different now that Melissa is sixteen, and the guys and popular girls who once made her life miserable have taken notice. When Melissa gets the chance to escape life in a house ruled by her mom's latest boyfriend, she must choose where her loyalties lie between a long-time crush, a new friend, and her surfer brother who makes it impossible to forget her roots. Just as Melissa seems to achieve everything she ever wanted, she loses a loved one to suicide. Melissa must not only grieve for her loss, she must find the truth about the three boys who loved her and discover that joy sometimes comes from the most unexpected place of all.

Midway Chatter:

 Like Moonlight At Low Tide is incredibly written, it's like I'm living the book not reading it. I'm really enjoying this book so far. Nicole Quigley did an amazing job writing this book.

As soon as I started reading this book, I was transported in to this world. I like realistic fiction because it tends to make me feel like I'm in the story more than any genre, but this book is different when I'm reading Melissa's life was mine. 

Melissa has had a hard life, and it sure dysfunctional during that book. But that adds to the experience of being her while I'm reading. While reading I'm so connected to Melissa's I feel all of her emotions. That just adds to it feeling like I'm her.

I'm really enjoying this book so far. Stay tuned for the full review on the 7th of November.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!