Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Review: The Blemished by Sarah Dalton

Release Date: 8/10/2012
Received From: Author
Genre: Dystopian
Summary from B&N.com:
"It all comes down to one simple fact - the Children of the GEM are perfect. We are the ugly and imperfect. We are the Blemished." In a world filled with stunning clones Mina Hart is Blemished. Her genes are worthless and that takes away her rights: her right to an Education, her right to a normal life and her right to have a child. Mina keeps a dangerous secret which she never thought she could share until she meets Angela on her first day at St Jude's School. But their friendship is soon complicated by Angela's adoptive brother Daniel. Mina finds herself drawn to his mysterious powers and impulsive nature. Then there is the gorgeous clone Sebastian who Mina is forbidden from even speaking to... The Blemished is a frightening take on a fractured future where the Genetic Enhancement Ministry have taken control of Britain. It will take you on a ride filled with adventure, romance and rebellion. A beautiful world comes at a price... 

My Thoughts:


The Blemished is phenomenal and riveting. It is like no other book that I have ever read.  I was wonderstruck by everything about this book; the amazing and extremely interesting storyline, the lively characters, the stunning world building, and the overall beautiful writing. This book blew me away, and I highly recommend it. 

The storyline left me speechless. It was thrilling and unpredictable. You never know what is going to happen; Sarah Dalton keeps you on your toes. It's also very entertaining and addicting. The subjects this book covers are interesting and unique. But what made it so astounding was the way it was brought to life. 

The characters are very realistic and relatable. I loved all of the characters. The characters main or not, brought the story alive. I loved Mina; she is strong and very enjoyable to read about. Mina is a bit of a heroine, which for my tops this amazing book off. 

The world building was beautifully done. It told you the world came to be like it is in the book, and it did it without it taking sway from the story. I loved the dystopian world. It was very engrossing, and jaw dropping.

Sarah Dalton did an incredible writing The Blemished. I loved it. It is completely amazing. I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!