Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Review: Everneath by Brodi Ashton


Release Date: 1/24/2012 
Midway Chatter: "Here" 
Genre: Mythology 
Goodreads Link: "Here" 
Summary: 
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath. Now she's returned--to her old life, her family, her boyfriend--before she's banished back to the underworld . . . this time forever. She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.Nikki longs to spend these precious months forgetting the Everneath and trying to reconnect with her boyfriend, Jack, the person most devastated by her disappearance--and the one person she loves more than anything. But there's just one problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who enticed her to the Everneath in the first place, has followed Nikki home. Cole wants to take over the throne in the underworld and is convinced Nikki is the key to making it happen. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back, this time as his queen.As Nikki's time on the Surface draws to a close and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she is forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's queen.Everneath is a captivating story of love, loss, and immortality from debut author Brodi Ashton.

My Thoughts:
Everneath is enthralling and riveting, with a splash of romance. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading it. The storyline, characters, and writing are superb.  I was tongue-tied by everything about this book.

All the mythology books I have read up to this one have been Hades and Persephone myths. This one is not; it is bit influenced by it but not much. It is more influenced by the myth of Orpheus and Eurydice. There is also a bit of paranormal and contemporary thrown in with the mythology. 

The paranormal elements are the unique underworld (The Everneath) and the beings that live there (The Everlivings) that Brodi Ashton crested. The contemporary elements is the highly develop background of the characters. I loved the bits that were in the past that told a lot about the characters and contained a lot of contemporary goodness.

I loved all of the characters. They all are very developed in the book; it was like I knew them personally. I loved Nikki; she was a great main character. I loved her personality. She was very fun to read about. I liked Cole he was fun to read about to. I loved Jack, I love his personality. Plus he is really hot, he one of those boys from a book I wish was real. They all were amazingly developed and fun to read about.

I loved this book. It is incredible. The Everneath took my breathe away on the first page. I loved the mix of genres. I adored the characters. I loved how unique and riveting this book was. I highly recommend this book.

My Rating:

5 hearts, I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!