Thursday, February 7, 2013

Review: The Vanished by Sarah Dalton + Interview

Release Date: 1/30/2013 
Genre: YA Dystopian
Goodreads Link: "Here"  
Midway Chatter: "Here"
Received from: Author  
Summary: 

The Vanished are the forgotten: those who live beyond law or society. Mina fought for freedom. She fought for a better life – a future. But even a free world can decay. As Mina begins her new life in the Clans she meets people with surprising knowledge about her power, knowledge that could change everything – even her relationship with Daniel. But as she makes new friends, old friends turn against her in shocking betrayal. Life in the Compound is tough; there are ways and traditions so strange that Mina begins to suspect foul play at the very heart of her new home. Instead of leaving corruption behind in Area 14, Mina is faced with the rotten core of human nature as a Clan warlord threatens to invade the Compound. The Clans are turning against each other and Mina is stuck in the middle.  

My Thoughts:

 The Blemished blew me away, but The Vanished blew my mind ten times over. I can't believe that this series could get anymore incredible. But it did. This is the perfect sequel to The Blemished. What happened in this book is mind blowing. The characters are as great as the last, plus there are some new great characters. I highly recommend this series.

 The new setting changes a lot of things from The Blemished to this book. Mina is no longer an outcast because she blemished, but the people in The Compound aren't very welcoming because of her power. Just because she is out of Area 14 doesn't mean Mina and her friends are safe.

 There is three new characters that make a big impacted on the book. They spicy up the story and bring more action and entertainment to this already amazing book. I love the new characters. They add so much to the story.

 I love how well this book goes with the first book. Plus it adds so much more to this already stunning series. There is more kick butt Mina, more Mina and Daniel, more mystery, and a cliffhanger ending that will leave you craving the next book. Sarah's writing is just as jaw-dropping as in the first book. She leaves you speechless and craving for more.

 I loved this book. The Vanished is bewitching sequel to the riveting The Blemished. The new setting, characters, and mystery is magnetic. I love Sarah Dalton's writing. The Blemished and The Vanished are a must read for sci-fi and dystopian fans. I highly recommend this series. 

My Rating:

5 hearts, I loved it!



Interview with the Author: Sarah Dalton:



Q: What three words would you use to describe your series?   



A: Fast. Shocking. Heartfelt.





Q: What three words would you use to describe Mina? 



A: Spontaneous. Honest. Powerful.





Q: What inspired you to write the series? 



A: So much – many, many sci-fi books, feminist issues, amazing young adult books, my own interest in cloning and genes. I wanted to write a book to influence young girls in the same way the Handmaid’s Tale influenced me when I read it. I wanted to write a character that girls would want to be – Mina: someone strong and interesting and who doesn’t let her life revolve around boys. I wanted to write a world that is frightening and realistic, that makes you think of your own world in a slightly different way.





Q: What did you enjoy the most about writing your series?



A: Playing around with different themes and ideas. In The Blemished I loved coming up with ideas for technology – like the Plan-Its and finger-print technology in London. There’s going to be a lot more of that in the third book.



I also loved creating characters and their back-stories. In particular I love writing the secondary characters like Elena and Mrs. Murgatroyd. They are very fun to write.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!