Monday, September 3, 2012

ARC Review: Daylight Saving

Author: Edward Hogan
Release Date: 9/11/12
Genre: YA Paranormal
Received from: Candlewick Press via NetGalley
Summary from B&N.com: 
Can you save someone from something that’s already happened?
Daniel’s expectations for his forced vacation with his father at the Leisure World Holiday Complex are low. He hates sports, and his father is mostly lost in drink and depression. But then he sees a strange girl swimming in the fake lake, and everything changes. Lexi has a smart mouth and a killer swim stroke, but dark secrets swirl around her. She’s got bruises and cuts that seem to be getting worse instead of better. She’s always alone. And her watch is ticking backwards. When a dark figure begins to stalk Lexi and Daniel, the truth must come out. 

My Review:

 Daylight Saving is a paranormal book, with a unique and interesting concept that is mind blowing. This is a fast paced book, that will hook you from the beginning. The storyline is interesting and hypnotic, but there is a couple downs to the writing.

 This book is in a boy's point of view, named Daniel. Daniel's dad drags him to Leisure World for a holiday.  He sees this girl, he soon discovers that no one else can see her. Her name is Lexi, she has a weird watch that goes backwards, and wounds that get worse. What is Lexi's secret?

 This book traps you in it. The storyline is hooking and addicting. What happens in this book is so unique compared to anything else I have read. The ending was not what I personally want to happen, but it was a perfect closing for the book. This not a very romantic book, there is some romance but not much. But at the end of the book I found that those two things fitted perfectly in the overall story. 

 I felt disconnect from the characters. I felt no emotions from this book. I felt a bit let down about the writing because of personal taste, but the storyline was enough to still make this book very enjoyable for me.    

 I really liked this book. The storyline was incredible. I loved the way it sucked me in. I really liked the concept of this book. I recommend this book to anyone who likes YA paranormal with a mysterious twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!