Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Midway Chatter: Forget Me Not by Carolee Dean

 
To learn all about Midway Chatter go "Here".



Genre: YA Contemporary (in my opinion )
Release Date: 10/2/12
Received from: ARCycling 
Summary from B&N.com:
Ally is devastated when a scandalous photo of her is texted around school. With her reputation in shambles and her life essentially over, she hides out in a back hallway, trying to figure out where everything went wrong.
Elijah has spent time in that hallway too. He landed there after taking a whole bottle of sleeping pills. Now he can see ghosts, and he knows what Ally has yet to suspect—that she’s already half dead, and one choice away from never coming back. Elijah has loved Ally for years and would do anything to save her from the in-between place. But if she’s going to live, Ally must face her inner demons and find the will to save herself.



Midway Chatter:

This book is incredible so far. Forget Me Not is not like I originally thought it was. I don't now if was because of the trailer for it or because of the confusing summary but, I thought this book was a paranormal book written in verses. It's not. To me it's a deeply dark and twisted contemporary written in verses. Also it's not just written in verses it's written in verses that change point of views. This book is so unique, every element of this book so far is beautiful and haunting. 

 The darker part (maybe considered as a paranormal element to some) of this story reminds a bit like If I Stay by Gayle Forman. There is similar element to the storylines, but they are completely different books. So far there is some foreshadowing that is a bit confusing but it straightens itself out pretty quickly. So far I'm thinking fans of If I Stay will love Forget Me Not.

I love this cover it's so beautiful. And also like the book it's mesmerizing. I have been super excited to read this book for awhile now. I read Take Me There also by Carolee Dean a couple years ago and I've been waiting to read another book written by her since then. So far this book has blown my (very) high expectations out of the water.


Stay tuned for my review later this week.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!