Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Review: Lola Zola and the Lemonade Crush

Authors: Marcy Winograd and Jackie Hirtz
Received from: Marcy Winograd
Genre: Middle Grade
Release Date: 7/28/2012
Summary from B&N.com: 
In this middle grade novel for girls, eleven year-old Lola Zola tries to support her laid-off parents and tuxedo cat Bowzer by selling “magical” lemonade rumored to zap wrinkles and promote world peace. Trouble arises when her rich class rival, Buck, aka Slime Bucket, opens a competing 'limo-nade' stand out of the back of his father's Cadillac limousine - right across the street from Lola's house. Intrigue and spy organizations run amok until closely kept secrets are revealed and Lola must decide what it means to win. 






My Review:

Lola Zola and the Lemonade Crush is a cute, but at the same time it's very realistic to what is going on it today's world. The storyline is very cute, entertaining, and meaningful.  I loved Lola Zola, her character was very enjoyable. The authors did a fantastic job writing this book.

Lola Zola's parents work at the same place, and the place that they work at closes down. Determined not to let her mom work for Buck's (her rival from school) dad, she starts a lemonade stand to support her family. Then Buck starts one too, starting a lemonade war. 

I loved Lola Zola. She is very spunky, and optimistic. She was a very enjoyable character. I hope to read more about Lola Zola in the future.

The writing was amazing. I loved the mix of the happy and the seriousness. This is written in third person, which I personally don't like that much. But other than that, I think this book is great.

I really enjoyed it. I hope to read more books with Lola Zola in them. I loved the happy side to the hard and realistic things of life that this book covers.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!