Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Midway Chatter: Hooked by Liz Fichera

 To learn all about Midway Chatter go "Here".

Release Date: 1/29/2013
Genre: YA Contemporary
Goodreads Link: "Here"
Received from: Publisher via NetGalley
Summary:
When Native American Fredricka ‘Fred’ Oday is invited to become the only girl on the school’s golf team, she can’t say no. This is an opportunity to shine, win a scholarship and go to university, something no one in her family has done.

But Fred’s presence on the team isn’t exactly welcome — especially not to rich golden boy Ryan Berenger, whose best friend was kicked off the team to make a spot for Fred.

But there’s no denying that things are happening between the girl with the killer swing and the boy with the killer smile...


My Midway Thoughts:


So far I'm enjoying Hooked. It is not what I was expecting, but it is still good. I like Fred so far, but I don’t see her and Ryan making a good couple. In Fred’s chapters I don’t really like Ryan he seems like a jerk, but in his chapters I don’t really have a problem with him. It makes me mad at how rude he is in Fred’s chapters, and how he acts so different when I’m in his head. The cover is not right at all for this book. To me it screams hot and sexy and this book really isn’t that so far. I’m hoping to like the second half of the book better.

Stay tuned for my full review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!