Thursday, February 14, 2013

Novella Review: The Goddess Hunt

Release Date: 3/1/2012
Author: Aimee Carter
Genre: YA Mythology 
Series: 1.5 in The Goddess Test series

Goodreads Link: "Here"  

Summary: 
A vacation in Greece sounds like the perfect way for Kate Winters to spend her first sabbatical away from the Underworld...until she gets caught up in an immortal feud going back millennia. Castor and Pollux have been on the run from Zeus and Hades' wrath for centuries, hiding from the gods who hunt them. The last person they trust is Kate, the new Queen of the Underworld. Nevertheless, she is determined to help their cause. But when it comes to dealing with immortals, Kate still has a lot to learn....
 




My Thoughts:


 This was a disappointing novella for me, it was good but I felt like it was way to different from The Goddess Test. I bought it because I didn't want to miss anything important to the series. It's not really important to the series. It doesn't affect Henry and Kate's relationship. I don't think what happens is even mention in the rest of the series.


 It was good. The storyline of it was good even though it really didn't go with the rest of the series. I liked see more into Henry a bit, but I'm still unsure about him. I felt like the characters were way different from the way they are in the rest of the series. I also felt like the writing was not as good as it was in The Goddess Test.


 Overall I was disappointed with this novella. It was okay, but not what except based on The Goddess Test. If you don't read it you are not missing out on anything. It is an e-novella, and I know since I bought this for a little less than two dollars that I have seen it for free. I would recommend you pick it up for free instead of buying it if you are looking into getting it.
  
My Rating:
2 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!