Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Midway Chatter: The Elite by Kiera Cass



 
To learn all about Midway Chatter go "Here".
The Elite (The Selection, #2)
Release Date: 4/23/2013
Genre: YA Dystopian / YA Romance
Goodreads Link: "Here"  
Summary: 
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.
America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.
Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.
 
My Midway Thoughts: 
 
So far The Elite is not what I was expecting it to be. And it's really frustrating me. There is not anymore world building in this one than The Selection. Plus, the tiny bit of world building in this book is from an old diary, which I'm not liking.  I want to shake America and Maxon so bad, they had such great communication with each other in the first book but now they don't. It makes me so mad that their not talking to each other like in the first book. Whether America ends up with Maxon or Aspen or some random guy, she still needs to talk to Maxon about everything. And the thing I'm having the most problem with is America. She is driving me up a tree. Some of the qualities I loved about America in The Selection was that she had great decision making skills and that even through the rough spots she didn't really whiny. Poof, those qualities are gone in this book so far. 

Even though I'm having those problems with this book I'm still enjoying it. I'm loving the storyline, it fun and entertaining just like the last book, but with some frustrating parts for me. I hope the second half of The Elite is better for me, and that America stops whining and starts communicating with Maxon and making better decisions.

Stay timed for my full review soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!