Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Review: The Selection

The Selection (The Selection, #1)
Release Date: 4/24/2012
Genre: YA Dystopian / YA Romance
Author: Kiera Cass
Goodreads Link: "Here"  
Summary: 
 For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

My Thoughts: 
 
 The Selection is an immersing and addictive read. Even while I was rereading this book I could not put it down. For being a dystopian there was not nearly enough world building. I love the character (most of them at least). I loved the writing, it so fun, entertaining, and alluring. I highly recommend this book. 

 There is not very much world building in this book.  I wish it had more, because I want to know how the world got to where it is in the book. Even though I wish there was more world building, it doesn’t take that much away from the book for me. I love the storyline. It is so different from anything I have ever read. It is also very addicting and hard to put down. The selection is so fun to read about, if you like (or have a love hate relationship with) The Bachelor the TV show then you'll love The Selection. 

 I love America. She is very relatable. She is also very strong, even through the hard thing he goes through she doesn’t whiny. And I love that about her. I also love America's maids; they are funny and fun to read about. I love Prince Maxon, he is so realistic.  

 I loved the writing style. Kiera Cass was to transport me into this book, as if I was America. Even without that much world building. I loved hoe realistic the book felt. I also loved how this book could make me laugh, even though it is not a comedy. Kiera’s writing is incredible and I can't wait to read more of it. 

 I loved The Selection. I could not put this amazing book the whole time I read it. I love America and all of the other characters. The writing was great, even though there is not very much world building. I recommend this book to fans of the bachelor, and to people who want a mild dystopian. 


My Rating:

4.5 hearts, I rounded up because I do love this book very much even though it has a couple flaws.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!