Thursday, June 27, 2013

Midway Chatter: Life After Theft



 

To learn all about Midway Chatter go "Here".
 

Life After TheftRelease Date: 4/30/2013

Genre: YA Paranormal / YA Contemporary / YA Retelling
Received from: Publisher for Review

Goodreads Link: "Here"  
Author: Aprilynne Pike

Summary: 
Kimberlee Schaffer may be drop-dead gorgeous . . . but she also dropped dead last year. Now she needs Jeff's help with her unfinished business, and she's not taking no for an answer. When she was alive, Kimberlee wasn't just a mean girl; she was also a complete kleptomaniac. So if Jeff wants to avoid being haunted until graduation, he'll have to help her return all of the stolen items. But Jeff soon discovers that it's much easier to steal something than it is to bring it back.

Paying for your mistakes takes on a whole new meaning in this hauntingly clever twist on The Scarlet Pimpernel

 

My Midway Thoughts: 
 

 So far I'm enjoying Life After Theft. It is kind of slow paced. It was also kind of hard for me to get in to at first. It's getting better now and it's also picking up pace. This is the first book I have read by Aprilynne Pike, and so far I like her writing. Even though I feel like the pace is slow I still like the writing because the story is still enjoyable. This is a retelling of The Scarlett Pimpernel. I did read The Scarlett Pimpernel a couple of years ago and I kind of remember it and so far I'm not seeing Life After Theft as a retelling for it. 

 Kimberlee is very hard to like because she is so self centered. But I'm starting to like her more, because she is starting to soften up a little and be more caring about other people other than just herself. I don’t normally like reading from a guy’s point of view, but reading from Jeff is enjoyable so far. Even though I'm liking Jeff, sometimes I feel like he is not a very realistic teenage boy to me. But I'm still very much enjoying his character.

 I love the cover! It's so beautiful and eye catching.  So far I'm really enjoying the book. And I can't wait to see what happens next.

Stay tuned for my full review soon. 

1 comment:

  1. I read this one before it came out and I liked it! Hope you enjoy the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!