Sunday, February 3, 2013

ARC Review: Hooked by Liz Fichera

Release Date: 1/29/2013
Genre: YA Contemporary
Midway Chatter: "Here"
Goodreads Link: "Here" 
Received from: Publisher via NetGalley
Summary:
When Native American Fredricka ‘Fred’ Oday is invited to become the only girl on the school’s golf team, she can’t say no. This is an opportunity to shine, win a scholarship and go to university, something no one in her family has done.

But Fred’s presence on the team isn’t exactly welcome — especially not to rich golden boy Ryan Berenger, whose best friend was kicked off the team to make a spot for Fred.

But there’s no denying that things are happening between the girl with the killer swing and the boy with the killer smile...



My Thoughts:


 Hooked was enjoyable. I liked it, but it didn't make my high expectations for it. It was very different from what I was expecting. I had a lot of problems with the characters. I still enjoy the writing and the storyline, even though I had problems with book.

 The summary and cover sends a message to me of a romantic and hot book. This book has some romance, but it wasn’t built upon for me. One second they can't stand each other and the next it's boom insta-love. I don't mind insta-love that much if it's done right and it's not to bad in this book.

 I loved the background characters. I loved Ryan's sister; she made the book hundred times better for me. I liked Fred; she was independent and strong, until Ryan. I felt like Ryan came along and ruined the first part of a book for me. She change so much, from the first few chapters to when Ryan came and mixed things up. She wasn't as strong or independent anymore. I don't think that after all she has been through that boy would change her that much. I did really connect with Ryan; he just wasn't developed enough for me to fully understand him. 

 I still really liked the story, even with my problems. I liked Liz Fichera writing. It was hooking and entertaining. I loved the parts about Fred being the only girl on the golf time, it was very enjoyable and Fred was also very inspiring in those parts of the book.

 I had some problems with the book, but I still liked it. I loved the background characters, they add a lot to this book. I liked Fred, but a hard time with Ryan. Hooked is entertain and inspiring.

My Rating:

3 out of 5 hearts, It was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!